Friday, November 15, 2013

Thanksgiving Dinner

Thanksgiving Dinner 
November 27 @ 11:45
Miss C.'s class

Dear Families, 
7 years ago I heard a sad thing.  The holiday season was approaching and I was talking about family traditions with my students.  One of my students said, "We have never done a Thanksgiving dinner as a family.  We can't afford it, so we don't do it."  
As a teacher who is passionate about what I do, this struck a heart string.  I wanted this student to experience a traditional Thanksgiving meal, dinner with a "family", and the joy of a full belly.  Thus began a classroom tradition!  We are a classroom family and this has become a wonderful experience.  Please know that we welcome parents to cook, serve, and eat with us.

Thanks for helping to keep the tradition going, 
Miss C.

What
How many
Turkey
provided
Ham
1 (4-6 pounds)
Mashed Potatoes
2 pots
Noodles
2 pots
Gravy
2 batches
stuffing
2 batches
rolls
4 dozen
vegetable
2-3 kinds
Pumpkin pie (whipped cream too)
4
Parent volunteers to serve
4-6

If you want to help, contact Maggie Brunner and let her know what you are making.  Her contact information is at the bottom.  She will be in touch with everyone.  Miss C. will take care of plates, utensils to eat with, and drinks.  You will need to provide serving utensils.  If you think of something that isn't on the list, please let Maggie know.
Maggie Brunner: brunnermaggie@yahoo.com   260-417-0858

No comments: