Our first full week was a success! The class seems to be adjusting to the routines and expectations of 5th grade. We had great improvements in voice levels, controlled talking, and transitions. I am learning so much about each student!
room410news.blogspot.com
Beginning next week, I will only send paper newsletters home with those of you that have requested them.
Agendas
Please check and sign this each night! If you need to communicate with me, that is the best place. I check agenda's DAILY. My rule for students: If I write it on the homework board, they write it in their agenda (even if they get the work done in class). This lets you know what we are doing each day at school.
Break Time
We have a snack break every day. There is a snack cart that students may purchase things from (not on Wed.). They can bring a snack from home as well. Snacks should be nutritious.
Accelerated Reader
We have already started for the year! Next week I will be going over reading levels and AR Goals for the trimester with each student. Please ask how they are doing with AR. If your student falls behind, they will be expected to read at home. Goals are set according to 30 min/day, which they have at school.
Parent/Teacher Organization (PTO)
First meeting is:
Monday August 26 @ 5:30 pm
No comments:
Post a Comment