Friday, September 20, 2013

Newsletter: September 20

Time is FLYING by!  
Next week is midterm.  AR goals should be at 50%.  I have met with most students about AR and will finish up conferencing on Monday.  
Several students are doing well and several need to be reading at home.  Your student knows!

Student Led Conferences
We will be doing conferences like they did last year.  It will be an open format and your student will be leading the conference on October 3 from 3:30-7.  I will be available to answer questions.  If you know that you want to meet one-on-one with me, please contact me with dates/times that work for that.  I am generally available before school (except Wed.), from 11:15-11:50, and after 5:30pm.  I would be more than happy to meet.

Midterm Grades
Midterm grades will be sent home the night of conferences.  If you are unable to attend conferences, midterms will be sent home the following day.  Remember that midterms are a checkpoint.  Your student will still have 6 more weeks of work before trimester grades.

Agendas and Homework
Please be checking agendas each night.  If there is an assignment, it will be written in the agendas (even if your student gets it done in class).  I have several students struggling to get work done or get agendas signed. 

Please leave a comment that you read this.  You will earn a point for your student's team!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping me updated on school information! Maggie Brunner